A slow-motion world...

I am William John... just a simple guy that is going through the issues of life. And god how I wish I had a different life. Each night I go to bed with that thought. Wishing and hoping for more. Not in a greedy way... no, damnit. Just... err... isn't there more...?

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sometimes stop...

This past week hasn't been easy. Watching my grandfather slip away was very hard, and my family is broken by it. We shared a miracle moment at the end, and we'll always have that... his chance and ours, to say goodbye... sas agapo ... for the last time.

Behind it all, things are ugly. My Mother has three brothers - only one of them was there at the end, while the other two stopped in for 10 minute visits every so often. One of these two uncles had my grandfather's house valuated by the realtors practically the following day, perhaps in need of a quick buck? It's funny that he has so much time now, when there's so much of it to spare. How could you be too busy when your Father's breaths are getting shorter and shorter...? When he no longer squeezes your hand, no matter how hard you shake or squeeze it...?

I think it will be a while before my tear ducts are replenished. Tomorrow is the funeral. I took a few items to remember him by... his hat, with his smell (lol) ... his worry beads - God, how he'd just sit there and play with them, how they defined him. I need only to look at the thick orange beads and I'll think of Papou. I hope he's with my Yaya (grandmother) now... I'm sure of it.

William John.

3 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Rob7534 said...

My condolences William.

I hope the Memorial service will provide a nice goodbye, some closure, and family togetherness.

At least until the estate get divided, and the claws may come out.

I'm very sorry to read of your loss.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Michael Lehet said...

Hi William - just stopping by to check on you, so sorry to hear of your loss.

I know what you're going through, I lost my Grandmother almost a year ago.

You're in my thoughts.

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your grandfather passing away. But since then, how have you been keeping?

I happened to read one of my postings and found you there. Sorry for being so late in responding. I've read some of your other postings. Interesting.

Take care

Ed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home